Sunday, May 22, 2011

Race Day: Pre Race

There is definitely anticipation for the day's events. A battle takes place in my head: I fight the images that pop into my head of me hobbling over the finish line with images of me running strong and smiling over the finish line. Live strong. Be strong. I am strong, just nervous.

It's is supposed to be cooler today than the past few days, only around 67. The lake is at a cool 70. Nervous wind chill going through a wet, cold me as I zoom up the hill on my bike. I wonder if I'll even feel it.

And the run. Heather talked me though the run, yesterday. Starts out with a hill, she said feels like you are running up a hill forever. Then down and up for 6 miles. All long hills. Short hill give me energy, and I skedaddle up them faster than I go down. I have not run up any long hills. Hence the nerves. I'll be fine. Just nervous!

Now for some breakfast and to go find parking!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking about you today, my friend. You are a champion!

    ReplyDelete