Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 224: Shortcuts

It drives me crazy that the baker I am working with uses so many shortcuts. Mixes are not my thing. If it isn't from scratch, why pay someone else to make it?

After a long day of baking, the last thing I wanted to do was cook. Around 2:30 I realized I had not eaten anything all day, and didn’t eat until JE came home and picked me up (he rented a car for $35 for a week!!!) to take me for pho. SO good.

My legs were leaden today, so running was out, swimming was in. But even that was difficult--my legs were leaden. My thoughts are so scattered and it took a lot of effort to focus on the task at hand. But there was a lot of tension release in the pool tonight also. There is no shortcut in swimming. Either I swim my 48 laps, or I don’t. And the more focus I am, the faster it gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment