Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 227: Rest day, Race Week

With 6 days and 7 hours to go, this week will be an important one. My level of fitness isn't really going to improve in the next few day, so I need to spend the week rejuvenating and relaxing. Muscle memory is established and my rhythm is in place. Short workouts with a few race pace intervals interjected are requisite. Unfortunately, I really only have two speeds: Slow and Stop.

Other things that include building my business will take a front row seat this week. And also, planning training for my next event in September. I'd like to work on gaining speed and strength, so I will be following a more intense training program that incorporates higher intensity training.

Plan for the week:


Monday: AM: Cycle to work with JE
PM: Swim 24 laps (half my usual)
Dinner: Vegetarian chili and corn bread
Yogurtland with the Labrue family

Tuesday: AM: Cycle to work with JE
Run 3 miles
Dinner: Old-school veggie loaded Meatloaf with mashed potatoes
Out to Temple

Wednesday: AM: Cycle to work with JE
PM: Swim 30 laps
Dinner: Chinese chicken salad

Thursday: AM: Cycle to work with JE
PM: Run 3.5 miles
Dinner: Turkey Tacos

Friday: No big physical activity
Dinner: Sample of steak and kidney pie for British friend, PB (may need to make some sans Kidney for myself--not an offal fan)

Saturday: Swim 20 light laps
Set up shoes in transition area 2, and walk the course
Dinner: Pasta with some lean chicken, salad, bread

Sunday: 6AM set up bike, 7AM race time
Dinner: Party with the Warner's

No comments:

Post a Comment