Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 227: Processing

The wind was cold in my ears this morning as I cycled into it around the Back Bay. It was a beautiful morning. There is a park bench I love, in Castaways Park. It overlooks the Newport Bay with the long strip of Balboa separating the bay and the Great Pacific Ocean. I stopped there and chatted, via mobile phone, with my older sister and my mom. Usually this is my favorite place to chat with my little sister, but she is off touring Europe on a wine tasting trip. She is a sommelier, and this is business.

This afternoon, I opened my business account and tried to advertise my "Fictitious Business Name," in one of the county newspapers. I'll list my name, once I get it listed in papers and confirm my web address. I also confirmed my first commissioned order for a friend at church: two baby showers. Sunday, I had some left over baked goods from my experimenting, so I took them to church. People raved, I told them what I am doing and several people wanted to know how to make an order.

Here is my thinking: People want whole, real, good food. I can provide that for them. So simple, both the concept and the food. I don't do uppity foods. The food that comes out of my kitchen, is just real. Real butter, real cream, real fruit, real chocolate, real nuts and plenty of them. It's real pumpkin pie made out of a real pumpkin. It's classic and it is what is missing in so much of our short cut culture. That is why people rave.

I have waylaid my swim until tomorrow. My fears of getting out of the water and jumping onto a bike have grown and I need to face them before the race. My weekly plan is again being switched around to accommodate this. Yoga tonight, I need a good stretch.

I just read a friend's blog and discovered this really cool challenge called the 120 day challenge. Think I might try something long loved and long neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment