Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 214: Hit the Road, Jack

With the wind not awake yet, I rode with JE to his work then headed up Santiago Canyon. As I neared the top of Jamboree, the wind and heat picked up. Another hot one...

Riding through Santiago Canyon, I spotted a big orange sign cautioning a coming road closure. I didn't pay much attention to it, until I realized it was a sign about my upcoming race! Suddenly, those hills were important, and my pace and cadence essential. Why am I so darned slow??? I thought that perhaps, it was the wind choking me. There were a couple times I had to push to go downhill, but that didn't stop the roadies (why do I suddenly want to call them "Road-Rash?") from passing me by. I am so soulfully slow.

So, with this tidbit of info, I rode home and checked out the route (honestly, why I didn't think to do this sooner is beyond me!). Apparently there are two transition areas in this race. Weird. Should have paid attention to this info before I signed on. Oh, well.

My swim seems to be improving--I think... Not sure what a good time to swim a mile is, but I swam over a mile in 43 minutes.

Dinner is on the table. It smell so good, and I am so very hungry! We roasted instead of barbecued. Who has time?

No comments:

Post a Comment