Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 219: Pooped

Swimming (48 laps) was sweet and Cycling (28 miles) was hard. The hot weather changed from piping hot wind to kind of cold wind this afternoon. I'm afraid I am in a bit of a daze and really just want to go eat--dinner is waiting for this entry to be completed.

Running was an epiphany this arvo. It was so lovely to be pushed by the wind one way and cooled by it the other. I did the 8K as in my goal for the week. JE and I have been trying to work on brick work outs. We ride to his work, about 9 miles, and then ditch the bikes, trade shoes and run up the dirt trail. I ran the whole thing.

I am hoping I discovered a way to control the pain from my Achilles tendon. After my century the other day, we sat in the hot tub. I discovered a jet with a huge force of hot water. It was tenuous at first, getting my ankle into the stream, a lot of pain. After several minutes of moving my leg around in the stream, I was able to put the fullest force of the jet directly onto the most tender of places on my tendon. The next day, I had no pain and for the first time in months was able to run today without feeling like I knew I would be in trouble later. Tonight, I did the same thing. Hoping this works again.

The car is still in the shop, so we rented a car today to travel to see my 91 year old Grandmother for Mother's day tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing her.

No comments:

Post a Comment