Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 217: Cycling 101.4

On my handlebars is a polite little bell with a spring-loaded clapper which I use to warn pedestrians, dogs, other slower cyclists, and the occasional duck that I am passing through. This afternoon, around 5:20, I used it to celebrate. Just as my bike computer rolled over 100 miles, a pack of cyclists was headed toward me. 'I just completed my Century!' I shouted to them, pulling the clapper back and letting fly. Up went a cacophony of hurrays and whoops. Suddenly I had so much more energy than I'd had seconds previously, and felt such a sense of accomplishment.

I am not the fastest out there on two wheels. That isn't the point. The point is: I'm out there on two wheels. In honesty however, this was probably not the best timed century. If I were smarter, I would have ran today and worked on my endurance in my running. Next week.

My toes are burning with friction and my IT band is crazy tight in my right leg. Time for some stretching and massage on the foam roller, then a well earned rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment