Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 222:

JE was running late, and I realized that he needed to get out the door sooner than I could be ready. He went flying while I started worrying over the computer. I got so much done! Not only do I have a commercial kitchen space, but my business name is now registered with the city (I'll tell you soon, but I still have to register it with the paper first) and I have a wholesale number. I'm legit! My good friend Randee from high school is working on a logo for me. He has a sweet little business in Wenatchee, Washington.

Around 2 o'clock I rode to the Civic Center in my town and finished registering my company name. Then I rode (with some of the world's best carrot cake) to Irvine Bikes then out to JE's work. His co-workers flipped out for my cake and asked when and where they were going to be able to go and buy my cake. Well, guess what!

At JE's work, I ditched the bike and ran up and back on the trail for 9.2 kilometers, smiling the entire way! I am so slow! So SLOW! Just under 11 minute miles. But I'm doing it!

Jetted my ankle again tonight. Essentially it is like getting a highly focused deep tissue massage. It helps a lot, also the brace, the ice and the rest between runs help tons.

1 comment:

  1. My physical therapist friend recommends ice massage. Get some styrofoam or paper cups, fill with water and freeze, then rip the cup down so that 1/2 to 1" of ice is exposed. Use the cup to give problem spots concentrated ice massage for 5 minutes. Not fun but seems to be more effective that normal ice regime. So excited for your bakery!

    ReplyDelete