Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 225: Karo, Karo, Kareoke

Having been up for about 20 hours, I need to keep this brief, which makes me a little sad, because it was an eventful day.

I woke early and went to the bakery to finish my baking for the day. Met Rob, the "reformed Mormon," who claims to have been enlightened, but just sounded like he is trying to convince people that he is smarter than the rest of us poor sots. Perhaps he is, but then why would he need to beat the point to death?

Not feeling confident about this business venture. It has been a crazy week. Feeling like I need to find my focus. Scared to death. Need to make my product less cost prohibitive. This might be difficult when so many people are used to paying for things made of mixes that take so much less time and money than scratch and butter.

Went for a ride with DA and learned some things about racing, eating, Judaism, and changing a flat. On Santiago Canyon Road, I was completely impressed that as I rolled my bike into a shady spot to fix the flat, 2 cars stopped to ask if we needed help. Fun little 42 mile ride.

Went to the Prospector tonight with CC. SO much fun. Shirley Temple, O'Dooles and a Roy Rogers = sober merriment. She and JE sang Fight for your Right to Party. JE sounded uncannily like them. Funny. Bon Jovi and Def Leppard songs seemed to be the most popular, being incorporated into mass group sing-alongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment