Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 229: Chomping at the bit

This taper thing is killing me. Perhaps I am not doing it correctly, but to be so far from the routine of increasing daily workouts is hard. My muscles feel soft and my fear is that I am loosing strength--especially my core strength. I have determined to not eat anything that can't be readily burned off to try to offset some of this feeling. Just feel sort of blah.

Swimming tonight was interesting. I read on a Daily Mile about a woman who swam laps but didn't touch either end of the pool. I tried this tonight in the condo complex pool that isn't heated. Initially I swam back and forth and then decided to swim the perimeter of the pool. It is an L shaped pool and turning all those corners threw my rhythm off. The struggle of navigating around the corners of the pool may be more exaggerated than the actual event, but I just don't know what to expect. Sunday I will be swimming a mile in a lake. How does that happen? From the third lap on, all I could think about was how incredibly hungry I was.

"Chinese" Chicken Salad for dinner. Yum!

"Chinese" Chicken Salad
2 cups finely sliced napa cabbage
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
1/2-1 cup cucumber chopped
1/2-1 cup celery chopped
2 carrots grated
1-2 cup pineapple or mandarin oranges
1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 brick ramen noodles broken up

Dress with:
2 Tbs soy sauce
4 Tbs rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 Tbs sesame oil

Toss salad with dressing and serve immediately. Makes a hell of a lot of nearly guilt free eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment