Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 303: Rhythm

Awesome, strong swim this morning. 2,500 yards. Not sure the time. Made some shifts and felt my core working, gliding. Pulling through my strong abdomen and lats, rather than just my arms. It makes for graceful elongated swim strokes and easy rotations in the turquoise water which on some days, matches my eyes. Almost effortless, until I stopped and realized how hard I was breathing, but still... That rhythm... Three strokes, breath. Three strokes, breath. Three strokes...

Recently, when I had an EKG, I got to see my heartbeat in 2D, stretched out long over a computer screen. My rhythm. Vibrant, steady, vital. It is mine, alone. Though I like to say I share my heart with my JE.

Sometimes, when I rest my head on his chest and tell him I can hear his heart, he asks what it is saying. I reply: 'Iris, Iris, Iris...' He'll cup the back of my head with his strong hand and draw me closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment