Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 297: Rest Day

California has tiny pockets of cool streams, fern grottoes and treed valleys. Temescal canyon in Malibu is one of those beautiful places to fid shade on a warm summer day. We left the house late and picked up BC in Manhattan Beach them headed up the PCH. It's only about a mile and a half up the dusty trail to the falls.

We ran part way up, enjoying the quiet and birds. Everything glittered green with sun light cast through a ceiling of chandelier leaves. The water sparkled with multifaceted tones.

JE just told me he thought the waterfall sounded like a hose. A garden hose. Funny. Though the water was not terribly big, the sound was sweet and gentle. There was a little unexpected pool at the base of the falls, it was quite lovely.

As the sun was setting, we all drove up to Malibu to a little place called Cafe Havana. We sat on the patio, and BC's friend was our sweet server. It's a neat place, with great ambiance and good food. The carne asada was excellent. I don't think I'd order the lemon chicken again, it was good but a little dry.

I think I'm starting work this week, but not sure. I'll plan my week for training after I know more, Tuesday.

Monday:am sets, run 4 miles recovery
Pm: swim
Dinner: Spaghetti with browned butter and cheese. Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment