Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 301: Baking

My day started with an amazing ride around the back bay. Physicality is a sure cure for doldrums. Lately, my average speed has been in the low 13 point something miles per hour. Today, I added a bit of speed to the mix. My 24.5 miles took less than an hour and a half, at an average pace of 14.8 mph.

My arvo was spent baking birthday pie for JE. I am spent. Two pumpkin, two apple, and two peach (and an order of Zombie bars for a client). Baking is so much more physical than I realized before I attempted a baking business. It is so hard on my body: I stand for hours on tile flooring, move 50 pound bags of flour and sugar, work at a counter built for someone who is a foot shorter than I. By the end of the day my legs, feet, back, shoulders, and neck are tight and aching. That is one of the main reasons I gave up for now. Just the pain of baking. Who knew? It made me hate to do it. Keeping it small and for people I love, keeps me wanting to bake.

No running today. My right calf is still recovering from bundling itself in a tight little ball. But I miss my run, feel a bit lost without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment