Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 292: Better

Systematically, I began drinking more water, augmented with coconut water and milk. All day, I tried to balance my meals, proteins and veg, Vitamins, milks, fruits and noodles. I laid low and by this evening felt a load better. My muscles were jonesing for some exercise.

A good friend of mine called and asked if we would meet her for dinner. She has been out of the country for a while and needed Taco Tuesday. We met her at El Torito. Their pico de gallo is awesome right now. I shouldn't be surprised, we are in the heart of tomato season. The Laguna Hills mall El Torito has fresh made tortillas cooking on a grill right there in front of you. Awesome. The only thing worth eating there... Sorry, but can over priced fare really beat a good food truck? I don't like to pay for ambiance. A good food truck on a sunset lit street in Santa Ana on a weekend, with all the people walking around in their best clothes on the way to backyard quinceaƱeras or fiesta de cumpleaƱos kicks gringo Mexican any day of the week. Rant over. We had a great time, it was fun to see Jeannie and the tacos were yummy (and only a buck each). Shutting up...

We waited a bit, sent shopping at Trader Joes and then hit the trail just as the sun was setting. The owls were out in mass tonight, I love their silent flight. It was a speed night, so every mile or so, we burst into 30 second sprints. I ran on my toes the whole way, I felt like a machine. When I got tired, I focused on the rhythm of my breath, walked a bit too. Over all it was a very good, strong run. So happy to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment