Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 275: Boot Camp

Eleven hours, that is how long I slept last night. Geesh! I guess I needed it.

First thing out of the box was an amazing swim. The sky was bright and beautiful with winds sweeping up the coast from Mexico. Lovely and warm all day--hot, actually. My mind was full of some very powerful thoughts as I crawled through the water. There are things I need to fix in my life, things that need more attention and care than I currently give them. There is a quote I love accredited to Albert Einstein: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Life keeps moving, and change is not only a necessary part of it, but there is joy in accomplishing. Goals are dreams with a plan. I'm still dreaming at the present, and planning...

Another quote I like is: "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." A. Einstein. But sometimes all I want to do is find myself in a hammock on a beautiful beach someplace. Forward takes work.

This evening, JE and I faced the congested traffic in Laguna Canyon and drove down to Crystal Cove. We changed into our running gear at the new Morro Bay day use facility. What a beautifully planned park! Nice work, Cali State Beach Dept! We ran along the beach--on the sand. It was so fun. We were both literally dripping sweat (or condensation?). The beach in front of the Rum-Runners Cottages was absolutely teeming with people. We played Boot Camp--using the tourists and their purposefully dug holes as our obstacle course. It got a little crazy when we started hurdling over small children. Just kidding... 6.6 miles of long beautiful beach.

My legs feel like I just did some major training! Holy cow, I'll have to do that again, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment