Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 298: Blubber

Amanda E. went whale watching and posted some amazing photos of her trip. I did that a couple springs ago. We say a Superpod of dolphins and a bunch of other amazing things, including fin whales. So cool. That was before our trip to Korea, my tour and this, the deadest summer of them all.

I'm simply itching for an adventure, so ignore my melancholy. Hate it when I get like this.

Partially, I blame bad sleep, which I shall blame on bad chicken. Perhaps a touch of food poisoning in the night? Three AM and life wasn't happy, nor was it for the next 3 hours. When the alarm went off at 7, I felt like I had just barely fallen asleep.

As if to prove it could be blamed on the chicken, I ate the remaining portion of last night's dinner and discovered the exact same results. Should have listened to myself.

Drove with JE to work and went running up the trail, near there. About 3/4 a mile in, my right calf balled up so tight I had a tough time walking back. I debated continuing to run on it in an effort to get it to release, but that only proved more painful. So, my 4 mile run turned into a shortened walk. I did sweat a little.

And tonight's swim was also waylaid by a head-achy spouse. Tomorrow. In the mean time, I feel myself getting fat...

No comments:

Post a Comment