Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 293: Amendments

Yesterday, I wrote that I don't like paying for ambiance. I think I lied. I know I lied. There have been a load of places in my life which have been amazing places to be, and I have paid a lot of money to be there. But, that said, I don't love spending money on CONTRIVED ambiance, places that are anything but original. The El Torito in Laguna Hills looks and feels exactly like the El Torito in Long Beach. Sorry to say it, but the problem with big feed-holes like that is that they lack the pride of ownership, everyone working there is an hourly employee, which is fine, except that there is a standard of service and quality that gets lost.

Nuff said.

Doctor's appointment: lots of questions and repeat questions (three times she asked about vomiting, sniffles, diarrhea and neck pain) blood work, EKG (never had that before), urine dipstick. All clean and clear. Waiting for one more result, the scary one: hCG. Let it be known, while this is something I'd love, I am happy with my life, as is...

Nuff said.

Picked up some work today. Apparently the woman who asked me to work at UCI this fall, forgot and hired someone else. Our mutual friend--who is an exquisite tailor. So, my whole fall just opened up, frustrating.

Nuff said.

This evening, I "picked up" JE from work and we rode the Back Bay loop and then back to the car (about 35 miles for me). It was a beautiful evening. As we rode, we saw a coyote, just feet from us. She paced back adn forth, waiting for the foot traffic and bikes to clear out, then darted across the road and down into the river gorge. A man was talking about how much he hates them because they eat cats, and he likes cats. So do coyotes, keep cats inside...

Nuff said. (boy, I'm on one, tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment