Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 280: Speed

I had a great bike workout this morning, and increased my speed average just a bit. I worked on keeping my speed at 15 mph for 5 miles, 16 for the next 5. The onshore flow was stiff, so that 16 mph was hard earned. On the way back I maintained an 18 mph for 5 miles and really had to work to achieve 19. My clothes were soaked by the end of my 24 miles.

Afterward I went down to the beach and worked on my project. By the end of the day, my legs were burnt a bit. I hardly remember being in the sun, so I must have been completely focused on what I was doing. I love this. Writing right now isn't exactly easy, but when it flows, it really flows. Right now things feel like a travel log. Maybe I will do some tweaking and tell the real story for myself, lay it all out on paper and have a gander. I think at this point it would all be very anticlimactic, nothing really came of all that stuff. Just me, pheonixed.

Tonight, we shared the pool with several families. There were a few kids without their parents with them. One girl (Victoria), and I had several races, her with her flippers on, and me with my figure 8 floaty between my thighs. I won each time, and finally told her about needing to breath--she was an underwater swimmer. She grabber her snorkel and won the next race. It was fun to talk to her. She felt like one of my sisters at age 12.

Because there were so many families in the pool, we cut it a bit short. Only 32 laps--1280 yards. But I got some great fast swimming done!

No comments:

Post a Comment