Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 276: Rest Day

My day got started very very late. Last night's blog had me up and thinking until around 4am. Too much thinking. Around 1 pm, I rolled out of bed, groggy and ready for more sleep. But the heat persevered and sent us down the hill to the beach.

Crystal Cove state Beach has a hefty price tag for visitors. Fifteen dollars for a day use permit. We generally, buy an annual pass and make sure we use it frequently. Today's crowd would make one wonder how California is in the hole financially. The beach was run amok with tourists and visitors. Even though it was cold and overcast at the beach!

As we sat, looking out at the waves, our friend BC called and invited us up to the LA Guitar Festival. We hurried home and showered and got ready for a night out. That was pretty cool, though I will admit that the headliner, Jimmy Ray Vaugn seemed to drag on with his 2 note songs--don't get me wrong, his rhythms and bluesy beat had me dancing in my seat.

The first few acts were great. Dick Dale--self appointed king of surf guitar, was there, shredding eardrums with his son, Jimmy. LOUD!!! But really fun!

Dinner was awesome at the Kettle. I ordered a two cheese quesodilla with blackened chicken. Next time, I need to remember that I don't love gooey cheese or blackened chicken. My excuse? I was hungry and it looked good.

Plan for the week? I'll do it later today--it is already 3am

No comments:

Post a Comment