Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 294: Cool, Clear Water

There is something to be said for crisp, cool water on a summer's day. It is just so dang refreshing. We are made up of so much water, something like 80%, so drinking enough water to replenish our bodies is important. When I work out, I sweat. I do not pretend to do anything "lady-like" like glisten, or mist. I pour and drip, my face turns deep shades of magenta. Not pretty. All that sweat is water and all that water needs to be replaced. But apparently, not just by water. We are also made of salt and electrolytes that deplete when we sweat. Drinking all that cool, clear water is a good idea, but apparently not enough to replenish our electrolytes.

The past couple days, I have been upping my intake of electrolyte loaded water, clear water, too. I'm noticing a huge difference in how I feel. So much better, no more passing out. Thank goodness. I think I will put off the CT scan unless it happens again. I think it's not worth the risk of all that radiation.

Tonight, JE and I ran our longest run yet--8 miles. Starting out, I have a tendency to try to run faster, but repeatedly had to slow myself down. Slow and steady only wins in the long races. I can do slow and steady.

As we were running, JE told me he though I would be an excellent long distance runner. He was referring to my ability to speed up during the last half of my run. It baffles him that I still have exponential energy. I wish I could get past my "oh, I need to walk for the next minute or so." I try to limit that.

And by the way, it's just me in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment