Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 284: Preoccupied

Tired tonight, I earned my sleep/food/laze.

My day started out rocky. After the first 5 miles of cycling, I swung by a store to pick up a couple things. I locked my bike up and went inside. When I came out, I realized that I was not the last person to put my lock in my underseat bag. The key was nowhere to be found. I called JE and he apologized and picked me up. I dropped him off and drove home to search for the key. It was 11:30 before I picked up the bike, then hunger hit, so I picked up lunch at Chipotle. Not so rocky after all. It just set my time to be doing other things I needed to be doing off.

Cycled down the the BackBay, up to Huntington Beach and back down to the ferry. 47 miles in all. Met JE at UCI. We drove home and while he made rice crispy treats, I continued my writing journey.

Swimming tonight: I beat my previous distance record. In honesty, I don't know how many laps I swam, somewhere between 70 and 78. Officially I am claiming 72, which puts me at 2880 yards or 1.64 miles. Those last 8 or so laps were really hard. I think I counted lap 63 about 3 times, my brain was wandering all over south western Oregon. Writing in my thoughts...

Met a friend as I began my ride. Jim from the ending day of my cycle tour. He just bought a new Surly touring bike and can't wait to go on a tour. At the pool, met another friend. Ben from church. He is training for a tri in August. Sprint distance. Thought about doing it, and still might, but hoping to be somewhere else: like the Subway!

No comments:

Post a Comment