Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 290: Rest Day

Spent the most of the day with my sweet Gram. She had been so excited to go out and get out of her retirement village. When we arrived, we discovered that she hadn't been feeling well. She seems smaller somehow, more frail, though her vivaciousness prevails even in the face of adversity. She is a firecracker, an elegant, eloquent, multifaceted, firecracker. She is not a grandmother who speaks about her health. In fact, even at nearly 92, she hosts a welcome to the community dinner party every week and the only rule is that no one talks about their health problems. She gets so sick of hearing the complaints. But today, she spilled some beans about how she has been feeling. I do not wish to loose my gram. I love her dearly.

Personal goals for the week:
Take care of tailoring work for Peter Pan this week,
Work on my writing--every day a journal entry. Talk to Cori about incentives (I asked her to be my editor and motivator. I may need to send her $20 for each day of my trip and I only get it back if I complete each day within a time frame. I need deadlines and timelines. I work best when there is something threatening over my head.)
Get back down to see gram, Could be next Sunday.
Plan a trip up to see my folks and sisters.
Plan a little gathering for JE's bday, send invites
Work it all out in my running, Cycling and swimming.
Go see my doctor-Fainted this morning--probably just dehydration, but still scary.


Plan for the week.

Monday: Swim-Long
Cycle-Speed
Sets
Dinner: Chinese Chicken Salad

Tuesday: Long Run-Recovery
PM: Nike fitness
Dinner: Lightweight fettuccine with chicken and salad

Wednesday: AM Bike-Long
PM: Swim-recovery
Sets
Dinner: Veggie burgers

Thursday: Run-Speed
Yoga
Dinner: Green salad with almond crusted Salmon

Friday: Bike-Recovery
Swim-Speed
Sets
Dinner: Dinner and Game night with friends (menu to follow. Tacos maybe?)

Saturday: Run-Long
Dinner: Scrambled eggs with wilted spinach and kimchi over rice (missing Korea...)

No comments:

Post a Comment