Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 287: Man Boobs

Conversation with JE at the beginning of our run:
JE: I can feel my man-boob jiggle
Me: are you kidding? You don't even have boobs! You have pecks!
JE: I have boobs, they are at the end of my pecks
Me: (laughing so hard I had to stop) Holy Cow!!!

We ran 5 miles, at an easy pace. Set up some zones on our familiar trail: the lava bed--about a one mile stretch where we have to run on our toes at a decent pace so our shoes don't melt; the death-car zone--where we race traffic to other end of a bridge; and the velociraptor zone--a 1/4 mile heavily treed area where those sucker like to hide, so sprinting is absolutely necessary. It makes running interesting and kind of fun... Ran the bulk of my run on my toes, today. My calves are killing!

Southern California never sees rain in the summer, maybe a mist from heavy fog that leaves everything moist, but not rain. This morning we woke up to rain--turn on the wipers kind of rain. My swim was delayed as I took care of some business, setting up my work for this coming season. When I did go, it was cool and cloudy. No one was at the pool. I swam my 2050 yards. I set a goal to swim consistent, slow, and each 50 yard lap under a minute. The last set of laps was killer, but I picked up my pace again after a small rest. I swam 41 laps in 41 minutes 26 seconds. Not too shabby for a recovery swim!

When I left the pool, it was still cloudy and there was still no one at the pool. After I had showered, I looked outside. It was sunny and beautiful and several families were at the pool. Thanks for the swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment