Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 273: Just Beachy

Sitting at Crystal Cove in my beach chair on this perfect California day, I kept thinking it was far too perfect. It felt more like the Caribbean than California. This Independence day weekend promises to be fine for all of our tourists. Funny that so many Californians head up to the mountains to "get away from it all." We just all trade places, like the people on the trains in the Little Prince.

I've been reading a book for a little while now, called Beauty School in Kabul. It is a great read, and time passed quickly in the sun. So glad I took my brollie and sunscreen or I'd be charred. As it is, I am nicely toasted.

With my job, I usually have my summers off to do some sort of crazy project. This is the first year I don't have anything lined up. I thought my baking business would see me through, but I think that is on hold--not given up, it is still a valid option, but not what I want right now. This morning, my dentist suggested another cycle tour. I'd love that, but want to go foreign--like Cuba or Amsterdam. Right now I find myself in the danger zone of a serious case of ennui--bored crazies. Not yet, but I have a whole month until my work starts back up. Suggestions? Help me get into some trouble!

When I got to JE's work this evening, it was still fairly warm out there. We had a good run, until mile 4.5, when I ran out of water and would have given my kingdom for a bucket of drinking water. We walked the rest of the way and guzzled a liter of water when we got back to the car. It was a fun run at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment