Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 252: Zombies

For some reason this failed to show up last night:

Most of my morning was spent finishing my orders. Apricot pie,
chocolate hazelnut torte, cheesy mushroom tart. When I stopped my my
first delivery, the girls at the counter got really excited and told
me about how well my last delivery was received.

When we were on St Kitts, we found a tiny churchyard cemetery. The
most prominent headstone read the man's name followed by the word,
Sugar Baker. Of all the people buried there, that was the only
headstone baring a profession. He must have had similar experiences to
what I had today.

When I delivered my next delivery, one of my clients took about two
dozen of my Zombie Bars. The outsides of each of the boxes were
labeled with large letters in silver permanent marker, "Zombie Bars."
The unfortunate thing is that she was taking them to a funereal.

Rode 22 miles day on the back bay. About half way down my left knee
started really aching. I think the configuration of JEs bike may be
the issue. At any rate, it ruined me for my run. It's still stiff and
sore. The same knee I fell on last winter. It's getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment