Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 268: Rest day

Just got off the phone with my mom and dad. Mom has been in the hospital all week, crud in her lungs and she isn't a really well person. Dad isn't doing well either. I know it sounds callous, but my mom has spent a good portion of her life in hospital. It is motivation for me to keep on top of my own health. There is a lot of bad stuff that can happen by not making good choices daily. I need to keep those fun feast days at a minimum!

My dad was commenting that he really needed to get up on a bicycle and do something, but he just gets so winded. He has forgotten that our bodies build up the ability to go longer distances over time and with work. Plus he is old; quite possibly the oldest mas of his age I have ever known. Poor guy. But he still has a remarkably positive outlook.

We are going up to see them by the end of summer.

Plan for the week to move this body. This is my last week of plateauing. And I got my bike back with some sweet new gear! I know I lost my 80 miles in June running challenge, but my knee is still hurting--hate that!

Plan for the week:

Monday: AM: Yoga
PM: Go for a long spin!
dinner: Chicken sausage and Swiss chard which I grew myself!

Tuesday: AM: Run--long 6.5 miles
PM: Swim Long 2500 yds
Dinner: Potato Gratin and spinach salad

Wednesday: AM: Yoga
PM: Bike--recovery--easy does it
Dinner: pizza--akin to Mozza. Yummy!

Thursday: Run--recovery 5 miles
PM: Swim--speed--48 laps, every 4 intervals
Dinner: Teriyaki tofu with green beans and rice

Friday AM: Yoga
PM: Swim--recovery 48
Dinner: Pasta with pesto. Oh snap! I love summer basil!

Saturday: AM Run--speed work 5 miles
Dinner: Apricot chicken and rice

No comments:

Post a Comment