Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 247: Rest Day

what do you do when you just feel burnt out? I've been working so hard for so long. I do not want to slide backwards, I think that is key. Remember why I am doing this:

I want to be fit
I want to have a cement goal to reach toward
I want the confidence that comes with this sort of work

Before I left on my cycle-tour, friend BC warned that when I returned, I would probably go through a sort of withdraw depression. Actually, I got slammed with it pretty hard back then and when I started to come back out is when I decided to fulfill my goal of triathlon. Yes, I think this is what is happening again, but this time, my arsenal is still full. Last summer, I ran out of road, this year, I still have training everywhere and anywhere. The trick it to haul myself up and out of the house to get it done. The whole thing is totally exacerbated by not having a job lined up for the summer.

Plan for the week:

Monday: Bike to work with JE--in my hardest gear, because that is all I have. Swim--Speed intervals 1600 yards
Weighted lunges, squats, sit ups, pushups with a short run (1.5 miles) to warm up
Dinner: Leek and potato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches

Tuesday: Bike to work with JE. Run--recovery 4 miles
PM: club Nike
Dinner: Spaghetti with red sauce

Wednesday: Bike if possible, otherwise, run. Swim--recovery 1200 yards
Weighted lunges, squats, sit ups, pushups with a short run (1.5 miles) to warm up
Dinner: Stir fry with chicken and rice

Thursday: Bike if possible. Run--Speed 4.5 miles
PM:Yoga
Dinner: Vegetarian Chili and corn bread

Friday: Bike if possible. Run--distance 6.5 miles
Weighted lunges, squats, sit ups, pushups with a short run (1.5 miles) to warm up
Dinner: With friends

Saturday: Long swim--52 laps/2080 yards
Dinner: With Gram in San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment