Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 264: Cleaning day

After a day of playing 'The Mighty Huntress' by chasing down dust bunnies of mega proportions all over my house, I baked a batch of brownies to take to a friend's graduation dinner party. Caitlin H. is one of my favorite people and her mom is one of my best friends. Since I have known the H. family, Caitlin has been writing a book. Her goal was to finish it before she graduated high school. About a month ago, she showed me her completed manuscript. Additionally, Caitlin is a very accomplished artist and one of her works of art was chosen by a local community to be exhibited during an art show. Caitlin can do anything, and I am so glad to know her!

At the party, I talked with Linda C, who is Caitlin's grandmother and who also owns a catering company. She encouraged me to get my website up and to just do the few things I do really well--well. It was inspiring to talk to her. I talked to the baker yesterday about not coming in this week while I have company, but I will be back there next week. Linda made some important observations and recommendations about some of the goings on in the shop--such as not to let the baker get overly reliant on me; which is what is happening. He asked me to come in on my own one day this week. He has court. I have company. No can do, Mister Mustafa!

Yes, and because I have company, we left the party and came home to meet JE's sister and her sister in law. We went to Baja Fish Tacos and then down to Laguna Beach. I had been cleaning all day, so my opportunity to run came at the beach. I headed up through Heisler park and then down the PCH to Blue Bird Canyon and back down. It was only a 3.5 mile run, but it sure felt good. It's so interesting that this thing that had been so difficult all my life, now is something I love to do. The more frequently I do it, the more I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment