Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 251: What Irises do best

Fun morning at the bakery, though it was so quiet! There were very few people coming in and it made me glad today was a baking day for my little bakery.

This afternoon, I spent baking at home--experimenting with recipes. Peanuts are apparently not good with wine, so I adapted a peanut butter recipe and refitted it with roasted hazelnuts. Tasty! JE's workmates have become my guinea pigs (so to speak). I'll also take Apricot pie and Zombie bars.

My mind was whirling today, as I was thinking about what on earth to take Monday for samples. I started reading all these new recipes and getting anxious that I hadn't tried them and would not have time before then to try them out. It dawned on me that even though these recipes that are so familiar to me are--well, so familiar to me, they will be all new to someone else. I make a fine pie, and cake, and zombie bar... I am good at that.

Ran tonight. My diet sucks right now. Every time I go the the bakery, I forget to eat. Not eating leaves me energy-less and unable to complete things without feeling tired. Also dehydrated. Not a good combo. Somehow I need to figure out a way to get my veg in during the arvo. No yoga, darn it. But it was a great day anyway, and my run was fun. Speed intervals with JE. My last interval, JE said I was running a 6 minute mile, if only I could sustain that for a mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment