Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 261: Rest day

We headed to the beach this afternoon and walked the length of Crystal Cove. It was a glorious evening, fulled with light and even dolphins. Lovely.


There is some stuff going on with my family right now, and I'm not sure how serious it is. I've been feeling like I need to go up there soon, but with the car being incapacitated, it hasn't been an option. And yes, we have the car back now, but the engine light came on as we were driving home. Something is amiss with it, so travel is on hold.

Quite possibly, I may be done with the bakery I am working at. It was very disturbing last week when the baker asked me to tell someone (the board?) that he is seldom at the bakery and that I help him with his baking because he is taking care of his mother when in reality, he is there for about 16 hours a day and I do no baking but my own, once a week for a few hours. Smacks of fraud. I told him I'd try to be vague, but I couldn't lie. The day after, he treated me coldly, hardly talking to me and not looking me in the eye. Too bad, I was enjoying working there, but I will find somewhere else to go. I don't need to put up with that garbage--along with some other crap.

It is going to be a tough week to focus on workouts, as JE's sister will be here, but I will do my best. Perhaps June just needs to be a bit of a rest month, and pick up the more rigorous training in July. But my plans for the week are: Go for a long ride up the coast, run often--perhaps daily--go for the 80 miles in June challenge. Right now it would be 5.1 miles per day average for the next 10 weekdays and Saturday. Perhaps that is where I will put my focus, since my bike is in the shop and it will be easy to do this first thing in the morning while I have company.

Plan for the week:

Monday: AM: Run 5 miles. Dentist
PM: If my bike is ready, go for a long spin.
dinner: Manhattan Clam Chowder

Tuesday: AM: Run 5 miles.
PM: Swim Long 2500 yds
Dinner: Pad se ew

Wednesday: Run 5 miles
Bike--recovery. Dessert for Caitlin's grad party, prep for SIL
Dinner: Chicken sausage and salad

Thursday: Run 5 miles
PM: Swim--speed
Dinner: Open

Friday: Run 5 miles
In LA at the Dwell show
Dinner: Open

Saturday: AM Run 5 miles
PM:Swim--recovery
Dinner: Open

No comments:

Post a Comment