Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 246:

Feeling a little thwarted these days, with the car still in the shop. The engine has been replaced, but the car still has no power. It could be the catalytic converter... Big, expensive, ugly. Ugh.

My bike came out and went back into the shop today, too. The rear wheel needed re-spoking and the chain was replaced. Unfortunately, the rear cassette and middle chain ring need to be replaced now, too. Found this out, after a 30 mile ride was decreased to a 3 mile ride up and back from Shady Canyon.

There are so many bright sides to this. It's an amazing thing that as I feel the free-fall of unemployment, there are kind people there to assist however they can. Thanks Josh, for taking on my wheel to re-spoke it. There probably isn't a more capable person for the job in all of Orange County, and I am so grateful for that kind service. Thanks Boyd for buying my cookies. Thanks David for buying my pies. Thanks JE for working so hard for our life together. People are good and kind.

Shifting focus from the negative to being able to see the positive, takes so much work sometimes. Lack of sleep does not help the effort. I lay in bed until around 4 am last night, without sleeping, and have been up since 8. Time for sleeping and beating away these blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment