Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 272:

(Blogger was down last night, so I couldn't post. Sorry)

There was a moment this evening when I was transported back to my cycle tour. It was just as the sun set, the light in the sky right now is almost exactly the same as when I was out there. Who knew that I'd be getting a lifetime of amazing memories with that. Glad I did it, so glad.

At sunset, JE and I were riding down the trail toward the back bay. The sky was brilliant with orange melting into blue. The river reflected it upwards. So beautiful. Twenty miles today, nice and easy.

Just before I rode to JE, I did my swim. Forty eight laps with a speed lap every 4th lap. During my second set, every first lap was a recovery lap exaggerating my rotation and reach. Second lap, a right arm pull. Third, left arm and last was a speed lap.

As I was finishing up my swim, a couple girls stood at the gate of my condo complex pool asking to be let in. Association members have pool keys, but we get a lot of riffraff from a nearby trailer park. I ignored them and kept swimming but someone else let them in. Of course when I see them, they are running topless to the hot tub. When I look at them again they were sitting in the hot tub eating McDonald on the edge. Walking back to my house I stopped by the clubhouse and found a meeting going on there. I spoke briefly with the board about what I had just witnessed and was told to go call security. I was also told that on Friday, we would be getting new security who would be getting out of cars to check the pool, etc.

My association bill had just come today, so I opened it up to find the number for security. I was already feeling like I pay far too much money for that kind of crap to go on around here, but when I saw the bill (JE takes care of bills around here), our association fees have gone up $40, plus a "special assessment" adding yet another $43 per month. Grrrrrrrrr.....

Get this: When I called security, I was routed to a voice mail box that hadn't been set up yet. Yah, I'm grumpy about that. Really really grumpy. Why are we paying all of that money?

Perhaps I should only swim in the early morning.

Chipotle for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment