Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 267: Feasts

My posts seem to be getting hung up in my email. I sent this last night. Sorry!

Los Angeles again today. We are traveling home currently, and have
utterly exhausted ourselves. Je and I walked all over the area between
the convention center, the historic center and the fashion district.
So many of the buildings in the historic center are really beautiful.

We took our guests to Griffith observatory and took twenty million
photos then headed down Hillcrest to Little Doms. Apparently Dom's is
a star-studded hotspot. While we were waiting for our food, Ryan
Reynolds pulled up in a Nissan Leaf with Olivia Wild in the passengers
seat. While we were eating, Larry David walked out and waited for his
car from valet. The parappadel with fennel sausage and peas was really
good and it wasn't as pricy a venue as I would think considering the
clientele.

After dinner we chased down the Kogi truck for second dinner. Our
guests are leaving tomorrow and had a weeks worth of eating to do in
one night. After Kogi? Pinks of course! 'Frankly' I think pinks dogs
aren't worth the rave. Dogs, when steamed in a natural casing, get
really chewy--kind of yucky. Better to grill the suckers.

Training? I feel like a gustatory athlete which I equate with feeling
nauseously overfed on far too rich foods. Maybe I'll try out a
watermelon diet for a few days just to settle things down...
My body aches from apathy and walking around so much. I'm guessing I
walked about nine miles today.


From a tiny little handheld piece of technology with more power than
O'Hera would have known what to do with

No comments:

Post a Comment