Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 250: Skinny

Recently I posted a photo of myself online. Several comments were about my thinness. I am not thin--at all. Loads of muscle and plenty of fat cells lay in the way of the true definition of skinny. Recently, I decided I don't like that word and the connotations of it. In this culture, skinny is perceived as a compliment. But skinny is, what exactly? A long body with some skin draped over it? Emaciation? A friend of mine commented about how she hates fashion magazines because of the host of frightened little girls dressed like zombies with their dark eye make up and blue or black finger nails and lips. Our culture is so weird. Anything resembling health and vitality is mocked as being cheesy. I like cheese. Cheese can kick skinny's butt any day of the week. (Would it be contradictory to celebrate the fact that I have lost about 3 pounds since I started focusing on weights and running?)

The bakery needed a new flyer, so I spent quite a bit of my day at my computer today. My bakery is getting a website soon! So excited! and I have Randi Cate to thank for helping me there. Sometimes things seem daunting without someone to show the way. I will continue to work on it tomorrow, but I have a couple orders to fulfill for Friday.

I make a bar cookie-chew thing, packed with dried fruit and nuts that is in high demand right now. It was dubbed by one good church-going lady as "the best thing I have ever put in my mouth." I finally came up with a name for them: Zombie Apocalypse Energy Bars, or Zombie bars. The rational is that if the Zombie Apocalypse were to happen, you'd want all the energy packed into one of these. Also, they would be the absolute best thing to eat as a last meal...

Writing cover letters is a difficult thing, but writing a Hey-Please-Buy-My-Stuff-Letter is far more difficult. I finally wrote to the wine bar today and asked for a sample-my-wares-meeting. Feeling emboldened by that, I swam my 52 laps, fixating on new embellishments for such a savvy venue. Time flew, laps flew. It was a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Hopes are up, and flying high. Should have waited until tomorrow to check my email--That is all I'm saying... :)

    ReplyDelete