Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 9: Music

It's 1:30 in the morning. We just got back from a really fun metal (as in music) show in Torrence. Sorizon played at a small pub Called ??? Did I mention it's 1:30?
It was a great show, so much young enthusiasm, talent, and playfulness. Normally I wouldn't think to go to a metal concert, but I am so glad Jeannie invited us. Live shows are amazing, whether it's opera or metal.

In Russia, Tatiana Ivanevna had very few CDs. Her favorite was a collections of Ballads by Guns and Roses. I rolled my eyes and laughed when she played it for me. By the end of the three months I lived with her, that CD became part of the soundtrack of my life.

When I was working for Opera Pacific, I had a pair of tickets for opening night. They were amazing seats valued at more than $300 a piece. I literally couldn't give them away. Sad really. Opera on stage, isn't like opera on a CD.

This morning at dawn I awoke and tried to get ready for a run. I watched as the sun broke over the trees. Such a beautiful morning to sit at the window and enjoy the wind in the jacaranda trees. The morning seemed to be in fast forward. Suddenly we needed to go to the church to clean, and I had no time for my run. I shouldn't have hesitated to go alone.

After cleaning, the day sneaked by. Naps are beautiful things.

JE and I drove to Crystal Cove and we ran along the paved trail, laughing our butts off as we ran and joked. When we run we pretend that our entire bodies are hinged on our smiles. The bigger the smile, the better we run. Our faces become so distorted with trying to smile bigger that we crack ourselves up. Running is difficult when you're laughing so hard. However, we ran for about a mile and a half and walked the other three miles. The tide was incredibly low.

We had a great night out with friends--our lovely SW seafood again (thanks Dan for getting the Peking Duck!).

Food wise: Intake: Rough estimate is 2600. Output: 1203 calories with our run walk and an hour and a half of sweaty cleaning.

Anyone out there know how to deal with nasty Achilles tendons?

2 comments:

  1. So happy we could headband together. It's a rare form of bonding I share with very few friends theses days! You guys were super cool to come with me. METAL \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun night! Thanks for thinking to ask us!

    ReplyDelete