Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 25: Weigh in

The last couple weeks I lived in Russia, the water in my appartment was turned off. In fact most of the area around where I lived had no water. Sporadically the construction crew remembered to turn the water back on after working on new apartments in the area. No laundry, no showers, and a bucket of snow that would melt into water to flush the toilet.

Just before I left Tatiana Ivanevna and her husband rented a private bath at the local bath house. Her son, a friend and I were invited also. The private wing consisted of a small, deep rectangualar pool tiled with brown subway tile and filled with hesitatingly green water--it was clean, but very green like a river. The Sauna was a dry sauna in a wood paneled room with stadium benches all the way to the ceiling.

Tatiana and her husband liked heat. And steam. A bucket next to the heater was emptied a couple times while they were in there. Tatiana joked that it was the only way for a Russian to thaw and the only way to get truly clean. I like a hot sauna, but this was the type of heat that burned as it passed through my nose.

My current location in at a Korean spa in Los Angeles. Je scooped me up and drove off with me only mildly objecting--I have a lot to do at work tomorrow. This is one of my favorite places on the planet, with the women's spa and the jiljabong. My JE is waiting for me to join him in the salt sauna--a room made of salt with large salt crystals on the floor to burry myself in. So relaxing! Later perhaps, we shall get a bing to cool us down.

Foodwise: 3012 calories--I couldn't satiate today. But I did meet my work out goals. I burned 1324 calories on my morning run and my cycle commute. My spoke broke, so no commute tomorrow. I will run or walk or yogasize instead. Gotta go sauna!

1 comment:

  1. BTW this week's weigh in 222.7. Thank you very much! Right on track.

    ReplyDelete