Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 23: Party

Every year Bronwen and Jeff host a Halloween party. It always involves creative food in the shape of some body part or other, bobbing for doughnuts on a string, great decor, and kids and adults in costume. This is the first year I brought something resembling a body part--a steamed cauliflower brain with cheesy bechamel and french fried onion maggots. This year the guest list seemed to include a lot of thier kid's friends and their parents so the body part food list was limited to my brain. Oops.



This year B and J went as Dr. Frankenshtein and Inga from Young Frankenstein. Funny. JE and I went as Paul Bunyan and Babe the big blue ox. My ox tended to go into the realm of Babe, the go-go ox. Many people asked what I was dressed as, and when I said I was with Paul Bunyan, they picked it up quick. Other note worthy costumes were Judge Judy, The Man in the Yellow Hat with his toddler son Curious George, Captain America, a Lego, 5 year old Mario who couldn't stop rubbing his belly, a guy in a gorilla suit--as in gorilla warfare, a viking, and a 6 year old boy dressed entirely in white who wore one of his parents black crocs on both feet and jumped around half the night (when he first arrived he proclaimed that he had been practicing at home. When he left, his costume was badly stained at the knee).



Foodwise: Intake 2235--even with a giant breakfast with friends and a food buffet at dinner. Output: 684 from an early morning swim--it was tough to get there, but I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment