Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 24: Rest Day

The past few weeks I have had the honor of writing while JE practices his guitar. In the beginning of October we dined with Boyd and Debbie. Boyd is a great guitarist who has been in several bands and who played for the USO. Boyd handed JE a James Taylor book and told JE to learn some songs they could play together. Tonight Boyd and Debbie came to our house for dinner. After dinner, the boys played guitar. It was awesome. Good food, good friend, and music. We definitely need to make this a tradition.

This week's training has felt really scattered and sporadic. I just finally sat down with my training guides. I set some goals and built a little schedule. By the end of next month, I will be running/jogging 45 minutes straight. I will do this by continuing to run every other day upping my time/distance/speed. By the end of next month I will be swimming 450 yards. I will do this by working on keeping an even pace, a solid stroke and steady kick. I train MWF in running one week and switch it for swimming the next. What can I say about my cycling? I ride further than my training books tell me, it's just my commute. I know I should be faster, but part of that is the bike. There are times when I do scoot a fair pace.

My Week Schedule

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Warm up/walk 10 min, Run 20 min, Cool down 10 min
Cycle to and from work 7-10 miles each way
10 push-ups, 20 crunch sit ups, 10 ball squats, and 10 lunges, each leg. Keep good form do ONE set!

Tuesday Thursday
Warm up/easy swim Freestyle 250 yards (10 laps) Cool down (4 laps)
Cycle commute
10-15 minutes basic flow yoga, 10 dips and 15 crunch sit ups on the big ball – do ONE set!

Saturday
Early in the morning, a nice little 25-35 mile ride

Foodwise: Intake 2281 however a huge portion of that came from candy. What is my deal? I don't even like candy! I need some re-dedication, no more empty candy calories! Output: not much

No comments:

Post a Comment