Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 12: Time

This morning on my commute by bike to work, I rode by a man in a tunnel that passed under a major surface street. He was playing Bach on a red concertina. People in cars raced over completely unaware of the magic below. I love my commute.

My cycle tour this summer lasted a solid month. I think it's the first time as an adult that a month has felt like a month. There was a peace in living with that slow turn of the pedals. Oh, the places I've been!


Time and choice. That is all anyone has while on earth. It's what choices we make in this lifetime that matter. 

Waking up early to swim and bike to work is really tough when I don't get enouh sleep. In other words, this needs to be a short entry and I need to sleep some. I've got to figure out a schedule that works now that I'm working again. Darn work! Always getting in the way of my real life!  Don't get me wrong, I love my work. I love a whole lot of things. 

Foodwise: Input 2623 calories. Output 835 calories. Little Red went to the bike hospital today. Her chain is slipping and chunking. 


Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Iris, you are so philosophical when you are sleep deprived! I like yourthoughts in this post particularly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you say that. I feel like I'm always way too philosophical. I try to temper it for the public.

    ReplyDelete