Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 18: Weigh in

While living in Utah I took an Emergency Medical Technician course. As part of the course I had to spend 3 evenings in the ER observing the doctors and paramedics. One night a woman came in after her horse had nudged her shoulder and dislocated it. It was several hours before she came to the ER and her muscles surrounding the injury were in spasm. The doc gave her an intravenous sedation and she went immediately unconscious. As she started to slump, her arm popped back into place. It seemed that allowing her muscles to relax, enabled her bones to realign. After another injection, she came back into consciousness and asked how long she had been out. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes.

I realized today that I have been saying, "battling it out in the water." I've been reading and studying appropriate technique for swimming, but not aligning or progressing.

Today was different. With the advice and care of well practiced swimmer, I was able to break through a barrier. "Swimming is all mental. Make your stroke as monotonous as possible and just keep doing it; soon it will be like walking. Breath every other breath if you need to. You're kicks are huge, try to make them flutter."
It's nice to feel like now I can progress! Thanks DA!

Foodwise: Intake 2523 calories. We went to Disneyland with friend Tiffany and had the seafood crepe at Cafe Orleans. They were tasty. Output 1053 calories, plus whatever I burned up walking around Disneyland.

Weigh in. Yah... not too proud of this 224.5. Sometimes stuff like that is cyclical. All in all I have lost a half inch on my hips, a half in on my waist, an inch on my thigh, and gained an inch on my bicep. If we look at the mass, rather than the weight, then I can be pleased! Lovin' the way my clothes fit...

No comments:

Post a Comment