Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 146: Commuting

We slept in and only commuted by bicycle today. I wonder if this is really taking it easier than advised. The trouble is, I'm beat! It will be my last day of work tomorrow, and I still have a weeks worth of work I'd like to get done.

We were half way to the park and ride (in our case this translates a bit differently than most people would use the term), when I realized I had left the house without putting on my cycling shoes. In fact, the only shoes I had were my turquoise Vans. It really made me appreciate my cycling shoes.

Josh put new skinny tires on my bike. Super speedy, without even trying! I outdistance JE coasting downhill!

So with my super busy day, the ride to the car was really peaceful. JE and I discussed how amazing it is that we get to unwind before we get home. We are so fortunate to live within 10 miles of work, though, admittedly, it was a conscious decision to not commute. Our time is used to live, not commute. I'm so thankful for that foresight.

No comments:

Post a Comment