Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 125: Pho = fuh, not foe

We didn't run again this morning! What the heck! I miss my run! We did bike to work, however. At one point, our trail runs in view of the 405. Today, it was standing still. "Sucker!" I called out as I zoomed by. "SUCKERS!!!" I called louder, hoping someone, somewhere, could hear me. Doubtful... I love my commute.

JE and I part ways at one point. He rides east, I ride west. The wind was shooting out of the east, scooting me down the road, while JE struggled against it. After work, it was the reverse story. The wind had picked up a titch, too (though I doubt he would admit that).

On my way through southern Oregon, there was a point where the road wrapped around hills. Each time a hill ended, a canyon descended into the sea. Sometimes a bridge closed the gap between mountains, but more often, a winding narrow road would climb into the canyon for a bit, then double back on itself to go around the next hill. Every time that road turned to go into a canyon, I was met with a gust of cold wind. Battling the winds almost made me quit one day. It was just too much. I still don't love riding in the wind.

We met mom at home and took her to our favorite Pho restaurant, Pho Ba Co in Stony Brook Plaza on Barranca. Their fresh lime soda is one of my favorite things ever!

Tomorrow is Thursday. Hurray! I'm swimming tomorrow, if it kills me!

No comments:

Post a Comment