Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 130: Bricks, no really...

"Does it feel like we have been training for one hundred thirty days?" I just asked JE. Silence prevailed. He has Netflix on his iPod and can watch episodes of the X-Files any time he feels inclined. One day he was doing something in the garage. I called to him, but no answer. I opened the door to the garage to find him standing, staring at his wrist, head-phones in. He had taped his iPod to his wrist with clear tape and was watching a really good episode, completely distracting him from whatever his task was. So funny. I'm glad he has that way to relax, we worked really hard today.

Sleep was hard to find and hold on to last night. I was really anxious about brick training. This morning we woke at 5:30 and got packed and ready for the day. JE drove to work where I took off running. I ran one mile, turned around and headed back. When I got back to JE's work, I needed to find a potty. Bad.

I think perhaps more than any other thing that could possibly happen on Race Day, the thought of having to stop my rac and use an outhouse that is set up to allow thousands of other people to make a quick pit stop, is really disturbing. The thing with bodies is that they are like engines; the more you run them, the faster they go, the more fuel they need, the more exhaust the emit, and the more often they emit it. Enough said. Gross. Race day jitters and circadian rhythms might just align for some sort of outhouse adventures for me. I am NOT looking forward to that!

So my plan deflated a bit, what with taking care of business and all. My ride happened shortly after my run, but not quite as directly as I would have hoped. My gears are slipping a bit(on my bike, not my bowels). Not a good thing, and a bit of a worry, really. Little Red need to go see Josh.

All day long, I dreamed about dinner. It was so good! We had a protein bar (split it) before we left work, and biked to the car. When we got home, I put the potatoes in the oven to warm. We then walked up the hill to swim.

When I am first swimming, it is hard to do, just like running. But then comes the rhythm and the breath and it becomes something I could do forever. Except then I get really tired. Breaking my swim into pods, or drills, really made the time fly. All of a sudden, I was on my second fast 100. It was great, though that second 100 drill was really tough to keep momentum.

Dinner was super yummy. I treated the steak like stir-fry with the veggies and served it on top of the potatoes. Everything tastes better when you exercise your guts out!

No comments:

Post a Comment