Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 127: Symphony

Our alarm is set to a local classical music station. In my past life (pre-tri-mode) I would often lay in bed and listen to whatever piece of music was on the radio. It was such a luxury today to live that moment again. The piece that was playing (Leos Janacek: Sinfonietta by the Philharmonia Orchestra) was so beautiful, I lay in bed and listened to the complete suite. By the time it was over, it was nearly 6 o'clock. We hurriedly dressed and got out the door for our morning run. There was a cloud just above the eastern horizon, blocking the sunrise from spreading across our sky. The light beneath the cloud was brilliant and yellow. Beautiful.

We rode to work in the cold, and I rode back in a punch bowl of brilliant pink sky with a slice of brand new moon. As I passed the river, a volery of egrets, bright white against the dark eucalyptus trees, flew overhead.

I have been asked to stay at work for another week, as my coworker is still out. He seems to be getting dumped on, lately. I wish him well.

Now, off to do something fun with my sweetpie!

No comments:

Post a Comment