Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 124: Way!

It was a great day! At 6:30 the alarm went off. But we snoozed until 7 and did some light yoga. We drove to work. These Circuit Training days are awesome for not feeling like I need to overwhelm myself with morning activities. The class by its lonesome, kicks my hinders.

Work was awesome, too. I finished patterning a three piece suit, which I will mock up in muslin tomorrow. I'm hoping to have a fitting with the actor on Monday. My work days are numbered, so I need to cram as much of this build into the next two weeks as I can. I am also building three bodices. They are beautiful, and tailored 1880's styling. It will be a fun challenge.

Patterning burns braincells, so much math and precision. It was fun to transition into something as physically demanding as that circuit training. For 50 minutes, I literally drip sweat. For someone my age, height and weight, that burns over 700 calories--in 50 minutes! That is a whole meal!

B came and sat at my table and talked with me today. She expressed that she is concerned about loosing weight for her eventual wedding. She is a beautiful woman, tall and trim. It makes me sad that so many people buy into this ideal body type garbage. It is a process to learn to be happy with a body for the things it can do, not necessarily how it looks. My body is learning to do some pretty cool things. So, friends, please don't be unhappy with your body, especially if you are healthy. Maybe just spend a little time learning some new, fun, challenging skills! And then fall in love with how awesome it is to move!

PS JE just signed up to do the triathlon, too!!! WAY COOL!! His reason? "Why not set a goal and stick to it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment