Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 139:

After last night's circuit training, our legs were leaden. Moving was slow as we ran through the rain for our 2.5 mile loop. On our cool down walk home, we noticed a sheen on the water in the gutter. The smell of petrol was intense. We followed the water, there was a lot of gas running down the gutter which runs directly into the run off canals and into the ocean. We jogged up gutter for several blocks before we ran into the El Toro Water District maintenance vehicle. In several places, oil streaked rainbow arcs across the road, where cars lined the streets at night. The gas in the gutter was from a leaky gas tank, not just a few drops of oil let loose in the night.

Everything comes with a price.

It was a tough day at work. So tough that when I told my coworkers I was headed to Trader Joe's, several people wanted me to pick up chocolate for them. I built three bodices for Queen Elizabeth. What did you do at work today? Yah, I love my job. Tomorrow is tailoring a 1880's menswear jacket.

Swimming tonight was beautiful. My arms and middle back were still really tired from my big swim previous this week, but I did what was required. My cool down lately has been to swim the entire length of the pool underwater. I have killer lungs.

Dinner rocked! Thai chicken pineapple curry

Heat on medium high 2 ts oil in a skillet or wok and add:
One onion cut in half and sliced long ways
1 cup carrots (I used baby)
mix of peppers, zucchini, asparagus, whatever you have in the fridge cut into bite sized pieces
Stir and cook until fragrant
Add 3 cloves minced garlic
Add 3 Tbs red Thai curry paste
2 Tbs fish sauce
2 tbs sugar
2 15 oz cans coconut milk
bring to high simmer
Add two chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
one can pineapple
cook until chicken is done

Serve with steamed jasmine rice and top with dry roasted peanuts and cilantro or Thai basil

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really tasty. My hubby loves Thai food, so I am going to have to make this for him. I'll just have to omit the fish paste (he's allergic), but I bet this will be amazing even without it!

    ReplyDelete