Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 137: Windows and Chocolate Milk

Happy Valentines!

In the past few weeks, I have been trying to implement the protein and carb within 30 minutes of a workout. Often, I feel I don't workout hard enough or long enough to justify 200-500 recovery calories, but I do it anyway. Perhaps it helps with recovery, and allowing my body to do more later. Not sure.

Apparently chocolate milk is one of the best things you can eat/drink after a workout. I've been using plain yogurt with mixed berries as a snack 30 minutes before or after a workout. That seems to help give me energy before an evening workout without the heaviness of a full meal.

This morning we ran, as the sun was coming up. I love that the days are getting longer, and the sun rising earlier. Before we started, I set my intention to run the entire 5K without stopping. For as tired as I was, it felt great to be out there. The thought that pervaded my thoughts was about running off the shape of the chair I sit in to sew half the day, and the bloat from standing at my cutting table the other half of my day.

JE took me to lunch at Phan 55, in Irvine. We always go for pho. This was good. Pricey, but good. We also had the seafood crepe, a strange vegetable filled egg dish that comes with lettuce leaves to wrap it in and mint and fish sauce as garnish. It was so delicious! Frozen yogurt followed, at Cherry On Top--cute place!

Tonight, we swam. Our goal was 20 laps. I swam at least 28, without counting my 4 warm up laps. Forty-one laps in our 20 yard pool equals 1.5 kilometers which is the Olympic triathlon distance. We have our sights set.
But for right now, my eyes long to be closed

No comments:

Post a Comment