Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 141: Reboot

Sometimes the only way to get going again is to stop and reload. It has been a long week, crazy busy with work and workout.

I failed my run this morning. We ran our neighborhood beat. A mile and half in, I was denied the ability to carry on by utter exhaustion. We walked home, me feeling sick as a dog. My body was talking, telling me to slow down. My one day off this week was a 12 hour work day. Humble pie.

We are scheduled to run 1.8 miles, ride for 4 laps (7.2 miles), run 1.8 miles and ride for 2 laps (3.8 miles). Rain or shine. Most likely buckets of rain--90% chance, and the worst of this storm happens then. I have run in rain and cycled in rain and don't mind either, but I have jitters right now. And exhaustion and a bum hip aren't helping any.

We made dinner and parked on the Giant Bean Bag and watched old movies and Kids in the Hall. It was a nice rejuvenating evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment