Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 182: Can you say free-for-all?

Sometimes, when I get into the rhythm of a thing, like sewing, it completely consumes me. I get so involved, I forget to eat, use the loo, drink anything. That is what happened this morning as I was sewing for Tia. Kind of bad, as I had an appointment with my next gig at 10:30. At 10:20, I rushed out the door to go to the University to speak with the professor I am temping for. Yup, I get giddy with excitement every time I think about teaching graduate students how to drape!!!

But I got there and all was good. If I had checked my email, I would have found a not from the professor saying she wouldn't be available until 10:45. Do I have great timing or what? hehehe...

After my appointment, I headed to see my JE. When I got there, he was just finishing a run and looked really terrible. He ran 4 miles in our new hot 86 degree weather. He was dripping sweat and red with exertion, and he had no lunch. Quickly, I headed to Trader Joe's to pick up some sandwiches. We ate in the car with the air conditioning blasting.

I took off from there for a ride. The back bay again, but it was so beautiful, I couldn't stop. My total distance was 56.7 miles. In one of the river channels, there were huge flocks of terns chattering away. In one fluid movement, they all rose into the air and circled several times. So beautiful to see them move together.

Tonight, we went to our friend's restaurant opening party for Saladworks. It was really fun, and awesome. Great food concept.

We came home and swam. It is interesting going from 30 laps back to 22. I sort of feel cheated. Just about the time I start to really relax and enjoy my swim, it's over! Looking forward to building more volume.

I am worried that I will loose all I have gained in my running if I am not careful. Time to start really working on this stupid ankle. Time to pull out the ice and high heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment