Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 168: The Pie Experiment

There is a woman in San Fransisco who sells pies from her bike. She travels around to different areas and delivers cupcake sized pies. It seems that she has a thriving business. I'm wondering if I could do the same thing within my perimeter in Orange County, CA. I wonder if there is a market for pie delivery here. This afternoon, I tried my hand at baking mini pies. They are a whole lot more work than cupcakes, but I am really pleased with the results. Tomorrow, I will take these pies to some of the people I know and love around town and see if I can entice them into ordering pies, cookies and cakes in the future. My fridge is full of mini blueberry/apple/ pineapple pies, meat pies and peanut butter cream pies. My crust is almost perfect--tender, flaky and golden.

Meat pie with tomato sauce

It was a long baking day. Around 6:30, I finally sat down to eat without my JE. He was working late and I was hungry. I didn't realize how hungry, until my hands were shaking as I took my first bite, no fuel since my salad at lunch.

We slept really late, making JE late for work today. He has been working a lot of overtime and not getting home until late, we needed the sleep. I chatted with my sisters as I cycled the back bay.

I got lost in my swim tonight. 25 straight laps. My arms were tired from all of my baking and biking. I am ready for some serious sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing this!! I saw the article in Sunset and it sparked my imagination too, but not with pies, I thought of a brownie delivery bike! :) Can't wait to hear more about this adventure you are on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, It was so much fun! What can I say? People love pie! Total success!

    ReplyDelete